Last updated: September 16, 2016
WanderSnap Limited ("us", "we", or "our") operates the http://www.wandersnap.co website (the "Service"). This page informs you of our policies regarding the collection, use and disclosure of Personal Information when you use our Service.
Information Collected by WanderSnap
We only collect personal information that is relevant to the purpose of our website. This information allows us to provide you with a customized and efficient experience. We collect the following types of information from our WanderSnap users:
Information Users Provide to WanderSnap
- We receive and store any information you enter on our website or provide to us in any other way. You can choose not to provide us with certain information, but then you may not be able to take advantage of many of our tailored features.
- Registration: In order for you to use WanderSnap services you must complete a registration form. As part of this registration form, we require select personal information.
- User Profile: To allow you to express yourself beyond just the information collected during registration, we enable you to provide additional information, such as your first and last names, email address, social media account names, your birthday, about us bio, favorite URLs, instant messaging IDs, and other personal information ("Personal Information"). In addition, you may choose to include photos of yourself in your profile. As indicated below, in the section titled "Sharing Your Information", you can control how your information is displayed and used.
- We receive and store certain types of information whenever you interact with us. WanderSnap and its authorized agents automatically receive and record certain traffic information ("Log Data"). Log data may include your IP address, WanderSnap cookie information, browser type and version, the time and date of your visit, the time spent on each page and other statistics. WanderSnap uses this traffic data to help diagnose problems with its servers, analyze trends and administer the website.
- WanderSnap may collect and use information regarding the geographic location of your devices. If the location data contains your personal information, then WanderSnap will treat this location data in accordance with this Policy.
- WanderSnap may collect and, on any page, display the total counts that page has been viewed. This includes User Profile pages.
- WanderSnap will not be able to provide you with a personalized experience if we cannot recognize you, we want you to know however that there are programs available where internet usrs’ identities can remain anonymous.
Sharing Your Information
Since WanderSnap enables users to discover and share information with one another, information about the people who use WanderSnap is an integral part of the WanderSnap experience. Rest assured that we neither rent nor sell your personal information to anyone and that we will share your personal information only as described below.
- WanderSnap Personnel: WanderSnap personnel and authorized consultants and/or contractors may have access to user information if necessary in the normal course of WanderSnap business.
- User Profile information: Information collected during registration and subsequent visits, such as your full name andlocation, may be displayed to other WanderSnap users in your User Profile. The User Profile is the area on WanderSnap where we allow you to tell other WanderSnap users about yourself. You may control what personal information is displayed in your User Profile by visiting the Settings section of your User Profile.
- Snapventure Galleries: Much like other online social networks, WanderSnap allows non-followers to browse photographers’ public profile and gallery. Travelers can choose feature images (if any) to display n their profile.
- Syndication: WanderSnap allows for the RSS syndication of all of its public content within the WanderSnap website.
- Social media: Unless otherwise opted out, user agree that photos from any Snapventure may be shared on WanderSnap’s social media channels for promotion. This also includes content that can be used on WanderSnap’s brand webpage. To opt out of WanderSnap’s social media sharing, users can change details under Profile Settings.
- Service Providers: WanderSnap may share user information as well as information from tools such as cookies, log files, device identifiers and location data, with third-parties that help WanderSnap provide services to you (“Service Providers”). Our Service Providers will be given access to your information as is reasonably necessary for WanderSnap to provide our services. WanderSnap requires Services Providers to protect your data in a manner consistent with this Policy and to limit the use of such information to the performance of services for WanderSnap. WanderSnap may also remove parts of data that can identify you and share anonymized data with Service Providers, including combining your information with other information in a way that it is no longer associated with you.
- With Your Consent: Except as noted above, we will contact you when your personal information is shared with third parties or used for a purpose incompatible with the purpose(s) for which it was originally collected, and you will be able to opt out to prevent the sharing of this information.
Cookies are files with small amount of data, which may include an anonymous unique identifier. Cookies are sent to your browser from a web site and stored on your computer's hard drive. We use "cookies" to collect information. You can instruct your browser to refuse all cookies or to indicate when a cookie is being sent. However, if you do not accept cookies, you may not be able to use some portions of our Service.
WanderSnap cookies do not collect personal information, and we do not combine information collected through cookies with other personal information to tell us who you are or what your screen name or e-mail address is.
We may employ third party companies and individuals to facilitate our Service, to provide the Service on our behalf, to perform Service-related services or to assist us in analyzing how our Service is used.
These third parties have access to your Personal Information only to perform these tasks on our behalf and are obligated not to disclose or use it for any other purpose.
For more information on the privacy practices of Facebook, please visit Facebook's Data Policy: https://www.facebook.com/privacy/explanation
WanderSnap is very concerned about your privacy and we will never provide your email address to a third party without your explicit permission, as detailed in the "Sharing Your Information" section below. WanderSnap may send out e-mails with Service news, blogs, products, offers, surveys or promotions. You may also receive notification e-mails from WanderSnap, which inform you of actions (e.g. payment release, gallery transfer) that have been performed on the site. You may opt out of receiving any, or all, of these communications from us by following the unsubscribe link or instructions provided in any email we send or by contacting us.
Please note that in all cases you will continue to receive all system e-mails (e.g. those regarding forgotten user passwords) and legal notices (e.g. updates to our policies) from us.
Our Service does not address anyone under the age of 13 ("Children"). We do not knowingly collect personally identifiable information from children under 13. If you are a parent or guardian and you are aware that your Children has provided us with Personal Information, please contact us. If we become aware that we have collected Personal Information from a child under age 13 without verification of parental consent, we take steps to remove that information from our servers.
We recommend that minors between the ages of 14 and 18 ask and receive their parents' permission before using our Service or sending information about themselves or meeting with anyone else from the Internet.
The security of your Personal Information is important to us, but remember that no method of transmission over the Internet, or method of electronic storage is 100% secure. While we strive to use commercially acceptable means to protect your Personal Information, we cannot guarantee its absolute security.
- Your WanderSnap account information is protected by a password for your privacy and security. Protect against unauthorized access to your password and to your computer by logging off once you have finished using a shared computer.
- Only employees who need personal information to perform a specific job (for example, a customer service representative) are granted access to it. All of our employees are kept up to date on our privacy and security practices.
Links to Other Sites
Conditions of Use
Your information, including Personal Information, may be transferred to — and maintained on — computers located outside of your state, province, country or other governmental jurisdiction where the data protection laws may differ than those from your jurisdiction.
If you are located outside Hong Kong and choose to provide information to us, please note that we transfer the information, including Personal Information, to Hong Kong and process it there.